Acts chapter two verses 42-47 shed light on how Sugarloaf UMC attempts to live out our faith, week in and week out. This important scripture is located at the end of this section; check it out. Of course, like any church, we sometimes miss the mark. Nevertheless, by joining together once a week for a shared meal we believe we are becoming closer in community. After all, Sugarloaf UMC exists to be more than just a weekly worship service and small group meeting in your life.
During certain times of the year, Wednesday night meals are held in the main Worship Center. Many people are surprised to learn Sugarloaf UMC has a well appointed commercial kitchen just off the space they worship each week. Here are a few points to know before you join us:
- Dinner begins at 5:30 and lasts until 6:30
- Small groups, Youth, Sugarloaf Kids, and Worship Team all kick off at 6:30. Thus, there is more for you to experience than a meal. If you are looking for a way to connect, Wednesday Nights may just be a perfect gateway. Learn more below...
- Adult Entrée $6.00, Kids Entrée $3.00 per child fifth grade and under.
- Kids pick: Chicken tenders, fries & fruit
- Reservations are taken each week on the Keep In Touch Card during worship or by calling the church office at 678-684-6000. The deadline for your reservation is noon on Monday.
Acts 2: 42-47 states:
The believer devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, to the community, to their shared meals, and to their prayers. A sense of awe came over everyone. God performed many wonders and sign through the apostles. All the believers were united and shared everything. They would sell pieces of property and possessions and distribute the proceeds to everyone who needed them. Every day, they met together in the temple and ate in their homes. They shared food with gladness and simplicity, They praised God and demonstrated God's goodness to everyone. The Lord added daily to the community those who were being saved. (Common English Version)