In January, Confirmation will be offered at Sugarloaf UMC! This time-honored tradition is a special time for every young adult and their family. Confirmation is open to all students who are currently in the eighth grade or older. It is important for you to sign your student(s) up quickly as confirmation will not be offered again for two years. By offering the class to older students and every other year we insure more mature students who can fully engage the process and the group has critical mass ensuring the experience will be as memorable as possible.
Here are a few important points to help you and your student:
• Confirmation will take place on Sunday mornings at 9:30 and Matthew Mitchell will lead each class..
• Each class will take place in the Rec Center.
• There is a registration fee of $40.00 to cover the costs of supplies and a field trip.
• Confirmation Sunday will be celebrated on Easter Sunday, April 16 during the 11:00 worship service.
• Confirmation will take place over 12 weeks. Participation in 9 of 12 classes is required to graduate. The curriculum is called CREDO and it is a unique United Methodist study that has been developed to make a lasting impact.